UK: Mondelez makes confectionery calorie pledge
Mondelez pledge will mean end of Cadbury Bar and a Half lines
Mondelez International has said its single-serve confectionery on sale in the UK will not include more than 250 calories by the end of the next year.
The snacks giant said the commitment, made under the UK government's Responsibility Deal on health initiatives with the food industry, would see the end of its Cadbury Bar and a Half lines.
"We can confirm that this new commitment means that we will no longer provide Cadbury Dairy Milk Bar and a Half, Cadbury Dairy Milk Bar and a Half Whole Nut and Cadbury Dairy Milk Bar and a Half Fruit and Nut in the UK by the end of 2015. Whilst this might be disappointing news for our Bar and a Half fans, we believe that by focusing on portion size, we can help consumers manage their calorie intake," Mondelez said.
Two years ago, Mondelez rival Mars Inc announced a calorie cap in the UK as part of reductions around the world. Mars said it would also limit the number of calories in its chocolate to 250.
Mondelez International, Inc. (MDLZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been com...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
2013 saw Mondelez International Inc complete its first full year as a separate company after its split from Kraft Foods Inc and remains the second largest packaged food company globally. With a stream...
Mondelez International was created in October 2012 as Kraft Foods Inc has restructured its operations into two independently listed entities. Mondelez is home to the international snack food portfolio...
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"