Mondelez opens Marvellous Creations line in Egypt
Mondelez International has opened its Marvellous Creations line in Egypt
Mondelez International has officially opened its Marvellous Creations production line in Egypt.
The new line produces Marvellous Creations with Cookie and Marvellous Creations with Jelly Popping Candy.
Products will serve the domestic market and be exported region-wide including the GCC.
A spokesperson for Mondelez in Egypt told just-food the company had pumped EGP1bn (US$131m) into its expansion over the last five years. This has resulted in the installation of new lines, sales and marketing activities and employee training and development.
"Egypt is a fast-growing and geographically well-situated market for Mondelez, with much potential and opportunity compared to most European markets. Current efforts being deployed by the government should foster a better investment climate, and help eliminate business obstacles," said the spokesperson.
When asked whether further investments were planned, just-food was told: "We always look for ways to take advantage of growth opportunities, which are often linked to innovation in product, process and packaging. In this context, new investment is never far from our minds."
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre