UK: Mondelez pulls Bar and a Half in anti-obesity pledge
Mondelez is pulling its Cadbury Bar and a Half range in the UK in a bid to cut obesity levels
Mondelez International has pulled its Bar and a Half range in the UK in a move aimed to support the government's Responsibility Deal on Public Health.
As part of the commitment, the firm has pledged to ensure all its single serve confectionery brands are 250kcals or less by the end of 2015.
"We believe this will help UK consumers reduce their calorie intake through improved portion control," it said on its website.
Food manufacturers are increasingly coming under pressure to help tackle rising obesity levels across the nation.
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
Then Kraft CEO, Irene Rosenfeld announced that the company wanted to broaden its position within the confectionery industry as a global leader. In 2010 Kraft’s offer of $19.5bn (£11.5bn) was accepted,...
Mondelez International, Inc. (MDLZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been com...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global bakery & cereals market during January 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into th...
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious