UK: Mondelez shrinks Cadbury Dairy Milk bar, keeps price
The new-look bar has slimmed-down from 49g to 45g
The new-look bar has slimmed-down from 49g to 45g as part of a relaunch of the bar, which is more curved.
The RRP, however, has remained the same at GBP0.59 (US$0.95), which the company said reflects rising transport and commodity costs.
"We've made some modest weight reductions to some of our Cadbury Dairy Milk variants, due a range of factors, such as rising fuel and commodity costs," a spokesperson said. "Making these small reductions allows us to hold prices at current levels - which is important for our customers in these difficult economic times. We still believe our chocolate represents excellent value for money and remains an affordable treat."
The move is one of a number made by the confectioner in the last 12 months.
Last year, it reduced the size of its 140g bar of Cadbury Dairy Milk to 120g in addition to cutting the size of its Roses tins from 975g to 850g.
Then Kraft CEO, Irene Rosenfeld announced that the company wanted to broaden its position within the confectionery industry as a global leader. In 2010 Kraft’s offer of $19.5bn (£11.5bn) was accepted,...
Until 2011, gum managed to grow positively. The main player present in the category, Cadbury Portugal Produtos de Confeitaria Lda, launched several new products, which helped to support sales of gum. ...
Kraft Foods aims to consolidate its leading positioning within confectionary by introducing novelties to consumers and making strong investment in advertising campaigns. Although Trident and Halls are...
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- Mondelez evaluating Oreo production in Morocco
- Kerry rebrands Wall's microwave sausages