UK: Mondelez shrinks Cadbury Dairy Milk bar, keeps price
The new-look bar has slimmed-down from 49g to 45g
The new-look bar has slimmed-down from 49g to 45g as part of a relaunch of the bar, which is more curved.
The RRP, however, has remained the same at GBP0.59 (US$0.95), which the company said reflects rising transport and commodity costs.
"We've made some modest weight reductions to some of our Cadbury Dairy Milk variants, due a range of factors, such as rising fuel and commodity costs," a spokesperson said. "Making these small reductions allows us to hold prices at current levels - which is important for our customers in these difficult economic times. We still believe our chocolate represents excellent value for money and remains an affordable treat."
The move is one of a number made by the confectioner in the last 12 months.
Last year, it reduced the size of its 140g bar of Cadbury Dairy Milk to 120g in addition to cutting the size of its Roses tins from 975g to 850g.
This week saw just-food speak with a number of company executives including the chief marketing officer of Burton's Biscuit Co. about the firm's plans and Vigor CEO Gilberto Xandó about the Brazilian ...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details