UK: Mondelez shrinks Cadbury Dairy Milk bar, keeps price
The new-look bar has slimmed-down from 49g to 45g
The new-look bar has slimmed-down from 49g to 45g as part of a relaunch of the bar, which is more curved.
The RRP, however, has remained the same at GBP0.59 (US$0.95), which the company said reflects rising transport and commodity costs.
"We've made some modest weight reductions to some of our Cadbury Dairy Milk variants, due a range of factors, such as rising fuel and commodity costs," a spokesperson said. "Making these small reductions allows us to hold prices at current levels - which is important for our customers in these difficult economic times. We still believe our chocolate represents excellent value for money and remains an affordable treat."
The move is one of a number made by the confectioner in the last 12 months.
Last year, it reduced the size of its 140g bar of Cadbury Dairy Milk to 120g in addition to cutting the size of its Roses tins from 975g to 850g.
This week saw just-food speak with a number of company executives including the chief marketing officer of Burton's Biscuit Co. about the firm's plans and Vigor CEO Gilberto Xandó about the Brazilian ...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights