UK: Mondelez shrinks Cadbury Dairy Milk bar, keeps price
The new-look bar has slimmed-down from 49g to 45g
The new-look bar has slimmed-down from 49g to 45g as part of a relaunch of the bar, which is more curved.
The RRP, however, has remained the same at GBP0.59 (US$0.95), which the company said reflects rising transport and commodity costs.
"We've made some modest weight reductions to some of our Cadbury Dairy Milk variants, due a range of factors, such as rising fuel and commodity costs," a spokesperson said. "Making these small reductions allows us to hold prices at current levels - which is important for our customers in these difficult economic times. We still believe our chocolate represents excellent value for money and remains an affordable treat."
The move is one of a number made by the confectioner in the last 12 months.
Last year, it reduced the size of its 140g bar of Cadbury Dairy Milk to 120g in addition to cutting the size of its Roses tins from 975g to 850g.
This week saw just-food speak with a number of company executives including the chief marketing officer of Burton's Biscuit Co. about the firm's plans and Vigor CEO Gilberto Xandó about the Brazilian ...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Premier Foods adds to Bisto range
- PepsiCo to close Australia crisps plant
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis