Mondelez starts local Oreo production in Morocco
Oreos now made in Morocco
Mondelez International has started to make Oreos in Morocco after investing in a plant in Casablanca.
The snacks giant has invested US$11m in the facility, two years after the then Kraft Foods struck a deal to take full control of local biscuit maker Biscuiterie Industrielle du Moghreb.
?Mondelez said the move would boost Oreo's availability in Morocco, offering the biscuits in "a range of attractive formats and at pricing that Moroccans can afford".
Mondelez International Inc is a global snacking powerhouse, with revenue of over US$30 billion. The company’s mission is to “create delicious moments of joy” in 165 countries, with the US parent compa...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund