UK: Mondelez takes Marvellous Creations into sharing bags
Mondelez said launch of core Marvellous Creations line was "the biggest chocolate launch in the last three years"
Mondelez International has moved its Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations brand into sharing bags in the UK.
The Marvellous Mix Ups bags combine miniature Oreos and candy brand Maynard's with Cadbury Buttons. The products have an RRP of GBP2.13.
Mondelez said the Marvellous Creations brand generated GBP20m (US$33.4m) in sales in its first 12 weeks when it launched last year. The company said Nielsen data showed those sales had made it "the biggest chocolate launch in the last three years".
Matthew Williams, marketing director at Mondelez International, said: "We believe we've got a unique concept in the market – there’s nothing else like it in the chocolate aisle."
The company has also added another line to its core Marvellous Creations with the launch of Banana Caramel Crisp - including banana candy, caramel cubes and pieces in a 200g tablet and 47g countline. The tablet is priced at GBP2.49, with the countline at GBP0.61.
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues
- Nomad Foods touts progress as H1 results worsen
- Mengniu grows sales but net profit slips