INDIA: Mondelez to boost local chocolate production
Mondelez has seen "extraordinary growth" in India in recent years
CFO David Brearton said Mondelez did not have the capacity in India to meet the demand for its chocolate.
"In India, our challenge is keeping up with demand for our chocolate," Brearton said. "We've run into capacity constraints after posting extraordinary growth over the past couple of years. We're driving productivity and removing bottlenecks at existing plants to stretch current capacity. And we expect new production lines to come on stream by the middle of next year."
Mondelez's Cadbury arm is the dominant force in India's chocolate market, where it accounts for over half the market.
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- McDonald's antibiotics move may be seminal moment
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- Green Giant talk underlines pressure at Gen Mills
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Heinz to cut 71 jobs at UK plant
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus