INDIA: Mondelez to boost local chocolate production
Mondelez has seen "extraordinary growth" in India in recent years
CFO David Brearton said Mondelez did not have the capacity in India to meet the demand for its chocolate.
"In India, our challenge is keeping up with demand for our chocolate," Brearton said. "We've run into capacity constraints after posting extraordinary growth over the past couple of years. We're driving productivity and removing bottlenecks at existing plants to stretch current capacity. And we expect new production lines to come on stream by the middle of next year."
Mondelez's Cadbury arm is the dominant force in India's chocolate market, where it accounts for over half the market.
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- General Mills invests in another US SME
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- ABP Food Group names COO Frank Stephenson new CEO
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale