INDIA: Mondelez to boost local chocolate production
Mondelez has seen "extraordinary growth" in India in recent years
CFO David Brearton said Mondelez did not have the capacity in India to meet the demand for its chocolate.
"In India, our challenge is keeping up with demand for our chocolate," Brearton said. "We've run into capacity constraints after posting extraordinary growth over the past couple of years. We're driving productivity and removing bottlenecks at existing plants to stretch current capacity. And we expect new production lines to come on stream by the middle of next year."
Mondelez's Cadbury arm is the dominant force in India's chocolate market, where it accounts for over half the market.
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- What could influence US healthy snacking market?
- Interview: How American Halal rides ethical wave
- The top takeaways from IGD's Supply Chain Summit
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- PepsiCo trims staff amid marketing cuts talk
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- US FDA approves genetically engineered salmon
- ConAgra Foods to split into two