INDIA: Mondelez to boost local chocolate production
Mondelez has seen "extraordinary growth" in India in recent years
CFO David Brearton said Mondelez did not have the capacity in India to meet the demand for its chocolate.
"In India, our challenge is keeping up with demand for our chocolate," Brearton said. "We've run into capacity constraints after posting extraordinary growth over the past couple of years. We're driving productivity and removing bottlenecks at existing plants to stretch current capacity. And we expect new production lines to come on stream by the middle of next year."
Mondelez's Cadbury arm is the dominant force in India's chocolate market, where it accounts for over half the market.
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Campbell's Soup's sustainable growth strategy
- Arla Foods unveils strategy for growth up to 2020
- Lindt organic sales miss market expectations