INDIA: Mondelez to boost local chocolate production
Mondelez has seen "extraordinary growth" in India in recent years
CFO David Brearton said Mondelez did not have the capacity in India to meet the demand for its chocolate.
"In India, our challenge is keeping up with demand for our chocolate," Brearton said. "We've run into capacity constraints after posting extraordinary growth over the past couple of years. We're driving productivity and removing bottlenecks at existing plants to stretch current capacity. And we expect new production lines to come on stream by the middle of next year."
Mondelez's Cadbury arm is the dominant force in India's chocolate market, where it accounts for over half the market.
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- On the money: Unilever aims to get food growing
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- Will Bonduelle swoop for Green Giant?
- Interview: Flapjacked looks to ride protein wave
- Unilever sees growth in food, refreshments
- Hain Celestial buys plant-based food firm Mona
- UPDATE: Danone merges Dumex with Mengniu
- Danone eyes "return to growth" in fresh dairy
- Aryzta acquires Ireland's La Rousse