RUSSIA: Mondelez to build chocolate, biscuits plant
Mondelez said Russia is "priority market" for company
Mondelez International is to build a chocolate and biscuits factory in the Russian city of Novosibirsk.
The snacks giant said the plant would manufacture brands including Milka chocolate and Jubilee cookies. The facility will have a capacity of 50,000 tonnes a year. Construction will begin this summer and will be completed by the end of 2015, Mondelez said. It added the US$110m project would create about 180 jobs.
"Maintaining our long-term growth in this priority market for the company requires a significant increase in production capacity of key brands," Romeo Lacerda, CEO of Mondelez's Russian arm, said.
Mondelez has three other plants in Russia, in the regions of Vladimir, Leningrad and Novgorod.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
2013 saw Mondelez International Inc complete its first full year as a separate company after its split from Kraft Foods Inc and remains the second largest packaged food company globally. With a stream...
"The Future of the Prepared Meals Market in South Korea to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and compa...
"The Future of the Prepared Meals Market in Philippines to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and compa...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019