RUSSIA: Mondelez to build chocolate, biscuits plant
Mondelez said Russia is "priority market" for company
Mondelez International is to build a chocolate and biscuits factory in the Russian city of Novosibirsk.
The snacks giant said the plant would manufacture brands including Milka chocolate and Jubilee cookies. The facility will have a capacity of 50,000 tonnes a year. Construction will begin this summer and will be completed by the end of 2015, Mondelez said. It added the US$110m project would create about 180 jobs.
"Maintaining our long-term growth in this priority market for the company requires a significant increase in production capacity of key brands," Romeo Lacerda, CEO of Mondelez's Russian arm, said.
Mondelez has three other plants in Russia, in the regions of Vladimir, Leningrad and Novgorod.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
2013 saw Mondelez International Inc complete its first full year as a separate company after its split from Kraft Foods Inc and remains the second largest packaged food company globally. With a stream...
"The Future of the Prepared Meals Market in South Korea to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and compa...
"The Future of the Prepared Meals Market in Philippines to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and compa...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020