INDIA: Mondelez to launch Chomp bar in February
5-star chomp will launch under the Cadbury India banner
Mondelez International is set to launch chewy chocolate bar Chomp in India.
The new chocolate bar will be named "5-Star Chomp". A spokesperson for Cadbury India confirmed the launch would take place throughout India in February.
Cadbury is the largest player in India's chocolate sector. It has five plants in India and is lining up another facility, which is set to be the largest chocolate factory in the country.
Rivals including Mars are trying to make further inroads into India. In November, Mars launched its Galaxy brand into the country.
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site