Mondelez to make half portfolio "well-being" by 2020
Mondelez International says it plans to take half of its portfolio into the wellness space by 2020
Mondelez International is aiming for half its portfolio to be in the "well-being space" by 2020.
At the Barclays Global Consumer Staples Conference today (10 September), chief growth officer Mark Clouse said the Cadbury and Oreo owner was looking at three "global consumer trends...creating additional growth opportunities". These include a growing interest in well-being, convenience and "shifts in income distribution".
"We intend to become the global leader in well-being snacks, with 50% of our portfolio in the well-being space by 2020, up from more than a third of total revenue today," said Clouse. "Our goal is to simplify and enhance the ingredient and nutritional profile of our base business while also focusing on breakthrough innovation to address consumers' well-being needs."
Mondelez said it plans to focus 70 percent of its new product development efforts on well-being platforms over the next five years.
Earlier this year the firm launched a lactose-free version of its Philadelphia cream cheese in the UK, marking the brand's entry into the free-from sector. The news came just days after the acquisition of US free-from snack manufacturer Enjoy Life Foods.
"The Enjoy Life brand expands our portfolio into faster growing, on-trend, better-for-you areas and provides an excellent platform to make these delicious offerings available to consumers with free-from needs or simply looking for healthy-lifestyle options, both in the United States and beyond," Clouse said at the time.
Mondelez International, Inc. (Mondelez) formerly, Kraft Foods Inc. is a food and beverage company. It manufactures and markets a wide range of snacks, confectionery, and quick meal products. The compa...
Savory Snacks in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020)....
Savory Snacks in Turkey industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020)....
Savory Snacks Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide_2016 is a comprehensive study outlaying the current market scenario, future prospective and detailed industry insights of Savory Snacks market i...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review