USA: Monsanto earnings rise, bullish on US plantings
US agricultural chemicals and seed conglomerate Monsanto yesterday reported second-quarter post-tax profits of US$421m before exceptional items, up 5% from the same period last year. Earnings per share rose by 3% to US$1.60, inching ahead of analysts' forecasts. While currency fluctuation is likely to hold back sales growth in 2001 to between two and four percent, Monsanto expressed optimism that earnings would rise by nine to 13 percent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO