USA: Monsanto earnings rise, bullish on US plantings
US agricultural chemicals and seed conglomerate Monsanto yesterday reported second-quarter post-tax profits of US$421m before exceptional items, up 5% from the same period last year. Earnings per share rose by 3% to US$1.60, inching ahead of analysts' forecasts. While currency fluctuation is likely to hold back sales growth in 2001 to between two and four percent, Monsanto expressed optimism that earnings would rise by nine to 13 percent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund