USA: Monsanto emerges from hibernation
Prospects for US biotechnology group, Monsanto look set to improve as it continues to gain approval of its genetically modified seeds in key potential markets. Analyst predict that Monsanto, 85% owned by US drug-maker Pharmacia , will deliver fourth quarter results above expectations, underlying profit in the fourth quarter is close to $US31m. The company has been boosted by sales of its GM Soya bean seeds in the wake of the BSE crisis currently engulfing the world. The lack of soya bean crop has seen many large-scale producers turn to the GM variety to meet demand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund