USA: Monsanto emerges from hibernation
Prospects for US biotechnology group, Monsanto look set to improve as it continues to gain approval of its genetically modified seeds in key potential markets. Analyst predict that Monsanto, 85% owned by US drug-maker Pharmacia , will deliver fourth quarter results above expectations, underlying profit in the fourth quarter is close to $US31m. The company has been boosted by sales of its GM Soya bean seeds in the wake of the BSE crisis currently engulfing the world. The lack of soya bean crop has seen many large-scale producers turn to the GM variety to meet demand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK