USA: Monsanto has 'high hopes' for new biotech corn seed
Monsanto announced it holds "high hopes" for its new biotech corn seed, adding that it expects good demand next spring for its YieldGard Rootworm seed corn. A report by Agriculture Online quotes Monsanto spokesman Bryan Hurley as saying that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is expected to give the product final approval soon, enabling the seed to reach the market for planting next year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch