USA: Monsanto has 'high hopes' for new biotech corn seed
Monsanto announced it holds "high hopes" for its new biotech corn seed, adding that it expects good demand next spring for its YieldGard Rootworm seed corn. A report by Agriculture Online quotes Monsanto spokesman Bryan Hurley as saying that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is expected to give the product final approval soon, enabling the seed to reach the market for planting next year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1