USA: Monsanto posts Q4 net income of US$61m
US biotechnology giant Monsanto said its fourth-quarter net income was US$61m, compared to a loss of $104m a year earlier. The St. Louis-based company reported net sales of $1.2bn for the quarter, an increase of 1% from a year earlier. For the quarter, diluted earnings per share were 23 cents, compared to a loss of 40 cents per share in the same period of the previous year. Wall Street had expected the company to earn 29 cents a share for the quarter, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund