USA: Monsanto posts Q4 net income of US$61m
US biotechnology giant Monsanto said its fourth-quarter net income was US$61m, compared to a loss of $104m a year earlier. The St. Louis-based company reported net sales of $1.2bn for the quarter, an increase of 1% from a year earlier. For the quarter, diluted earnings per share were 23 cents, compared to a loss of 40 cents per share in the same period of the previous year. Wall Street had expected the company to earn 29 cents a share for the quarter, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry