USA: Monsanto reports first-quarter profit
US biotech company Monsanto has reported a first-quarter profit, compared to a year-ago loss, but said operating results fell on lower US sales of herbicides and seeds. The St Louis-based company, which makes Roundup herbicide and bioengineered seeds, reported net income of US$60m, or 23 cents a share, compared with a loss of $1.74bn, or $6.59 a share, in the previous year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning