ITALY: Montedison to sell Eridania within "the next few weeks"
Italian agro-energy giant Montedison released a statement late yesterday [Monday] to the effect that its sugar unit, Eridania, will be sold "in the next few weeks".
Eridania is controlled by French subsidiary Beghin-Say.
Currently in the process of selling its non-core assets to focus on its main energy business, Montedison added that it is awaiting antitrust approval by the EU Commission for the sale of its units Cerestar and Agora.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target