USA: Monterey Pasta acquires 80% interest in CIBO Naturals
US food company Monterey Pasta has announced that it has acquired an 80% interest in CIBO Naturals, a Seattle, Washington-based manufacturer of premium sauces and spreads.
Monterey Pasta said it paid US$6.0m in cash for the 80% stake and that it also loaned CIBO $1.0m. The acquisition agreement provides for the purchase of the remaining 20% ownership after four years.
"CIBO Naturals represents a valuable addition to Monterey Pasta and is expected be accretive to earnings," said Jim Williams, Monterey Pasta's president and CEO.
"It fits well with our growth strategy in premium refrigerated foods. CIBO Naturals has unique, high quality products and has developed a strong position in club, supermarket deli and specialty store channels. We see great growth potential in the CIBO Naturals brand, both in expanded distribution and in new products," Williams added.
Companies: Monterey Gourmet Foods
Montgomery Gourmet Foods has announced anticipated net sales of $23.7m for the fourth quarter of 2005, an increase of 57%, and full year net sales of US$85.3m, an increase of 37% on 2004 levels....
US pasta maker Monterey Gourmet Foods has announced that its Whole Wheat Pasta line, introduced late last year, is proving to be a success....
US food company Monterey Gourmet Foods has reported a profit for the first quarter ended March 27, 2005 of $17,000 on net revenues of $17.6m....
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill