USA: Monterey Pasta Co sees record quarterly operating profit
Salinas, (Monterey County) California-based Monterey Pasta Company (MPC) has posted net income for the Q1 ended 31 March 2002 of US$1.98m, compared to US$1.22m for the Q1 ended 1 April 2001. Q1 net revenues reached US$16.06m, up from US$14.18m year on year. The 2002 net income number reflects a 12% combined State and Federal tax rate for book purposes, while the 2001 before tax income number was taxed for book purposes at 38.5%. The company's tax liability for 2002 is expected to be about 12% of net income because of the expected benefit from utilisation of net operating loss carryforwards.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations