USA: Monterey Pasta Company reports eighteenth consecutive profitable quarter
Monterey Pasta Quarterly Sales Increase of 23% Compared to Third Quarter 2000 Year-to-date Sales up 27% vs. 2000 Third Quarter EPS up $.02 vs. Second Quarter 2001 Monterey Pasta Company (Nasdaq:PSTA) yesterday reported net income for the third quarter ended September 30, 2001 of $1,099,000, or $.08 per share, on net revenues of $14,929,000, based on 14.4 million diluted shares outstanding. This compares with a net income of $1,825,000 for the quarter ended September 24, 2000, which resulted in earnings of $.13 per share, on net revenues of $12,161,000, based on 13.9 million diluted shares outstanding. The 2001 net income results are stated at full taxation for book reporting purposes, while the 2000 numbers reflect only nominal taxation, due to the deferral of taxes resulting from the Company's Net Operating Loss carryforwards. Applying a level of taxation to the 2000 net income, consistent with the 2001 rate, results in a proforma 2000 net income of $984,000 or $.07 per share. After adjusting for consistent taxation, the third quarter 2001 net income of $.08 per diluted share represents an increase of $.01 per share compared with the third quarter 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review