UK: More cases identified in foot and mouth outbreak, fears grow that infection has spread to Europe
Four new cases of foot and mouth disease have been found in the UK, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 16. The new cases have been found in Anglesey, County Durham, Lancashire and Northampton, said the government's chief veterinary officer Jim Scudamore. The emergence of more outbreaks of foot and mouth disease comes as the UK Prime Minister Tony Blair holds a full ministerial crisis meeting today to discuss the outbreak. The meeting will look at a range of measures to curb any further spread of the disease as well as discussing compensation for farmers whose livestock has been slaughtered and incinerated.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020