UK: More foot and mouth cases to come as confirmed cases rise to 37
Foot and mouth disease is fast becoming an epidemic as it leaves a trail of destruction behind it. As of midday Friday, there are 37 confirmed cases of the disease, but it is expected that this figure will rise over the weekend. New cases were confirmed today [Friday] in Kirkcudbright in Scotland, Bromham in Wiltshire, Penrith in Cumbria, Dinnington in Northumberland and Longtown near Carlisle. Government officials believe that more case will be discovered next week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill