UK/GERMANY: More German spinal cord shows need for ban - NFU
The NFU yesterday called once again for the European Commission to ban exports of German beef following yet another discovery of attached spinal cord prohibited under BSE rules. NFU President Ben Gill said: "It seems this country is incapable of exporting beef to the standards required. We have been calling for this ban for the last four months and in that time several more contaminated consignments have been discovered.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1