SWEDEN: More jobs to go at meat firm HKScan
More jobs could go from HKScan's Swedish unit
Finland-based HKScan is to cut another 70 jobs from its operations in Sweden in a bid to make its operations in the country more efficient.
HKScan said today (8 October) falling pork production in Sweden has led it to decide to end the night shift of pork cutting at its plant in Kristiansand.
The announcement of job losses in Sweden comes two months after HKScan said it would look to streamline its local business, including stopping production at one plant. Those moves were expected to lead to 150 staff being laid off.
HK Scan, which says it employs about 2,500 staff in Sweden, is looking for the moves to boost its results in the country by around EUR10m (US$13m). In the first half of 2012, its Swedish business ran up an operating loss of EUR9.7m.
Elsewhere, the company also announced today it had closed a production unit in Denmark.
Last week, a number of the challenges facing food manufacturers and retailers were once again thrown into sharp relief. The industry continued to grapple with the cyclical difficulties of a down globa...
A swathe of results released by UK retail powerhouses dominated the headlines on just-food this week....
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details