JAPAN: Morinaga Milk shares topple after frog is found in pudding
Shares in Morinaga Milk , the Japanese dairy and food producer, plummeted briefly on the Tokyo Stock Exchange this morning [Thursday] after a frog was discovered in one of its puddings. The pudding had been produced by the Morinaga subsidiary in Niigata Prefecture. Shares in the company fell by ¥22 (US$0.19) to ¥308. A stockbroker commented that the incident reminded investors of the food poisoning crisis that hit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO