JAPAN: Morinaga Milk to expand tofu business in US
Japanese food manufacturer Morinaga Milk Industry Co. has reported its intention of boosting its US tofu business to fulfil a surge in demand for the soy-based foodstuff, which is growing in popularity as a healthy alternative source of protein. Morinaga has earmarked ¥700m (US$5.93) in joint venture with a US partners to launch production lines for new tofu products. The Japanese group already sells ¥1.8bn worth of tofu products in the US every year, but it hopes to see this rise by 80%, reported
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail