UK: Morley frustrated by lack of IWC's progress in addressing global threat to whales
UK fisheries minister Elliot Morley said today [Tuesday] he had no sympathy with Iceland's decision to walk out of the International Whaling Commission's (IWC) annual meeting in Japan and hoped debate would speed up so that all the important issues still to be discussed could be aired. Iceland's delegation walked out of the meeting in protest at yesterday's decision to reject their application to rejoining the IWC without signing up to the moratorium on commercial whaling.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival