UK: Mornflake launches powdered-milk cereal pots
Mornflake sees innovation as key to success
UK cereal manufacturer Mornflake is targeting consumers that want more convenient options with the launch pots of cereal that do not need milk adding to them.
Unlike other ready-to-eat cereal pots on the market, the Superfast Pots contain cereal and dried skimmed milk powder, to which a consumer then adds to water for what Mornflake called the "classic" cereal and milk combination.
"Mornflake Superfast Pots offer consumers the classic breakfast cereal and milk eat on the go. Our research tells us that this is a definite sweet spot with time-poor consumers, with over 70% of those panelled stating that they would purchase the product and 70% stating it was better than current offers on the market," Mornflake marketing manager Richard Jones told just-food.
The company is targeting out-of-home consumption and breakfast skippers with the launch, Jones continued. "Out-of-home consumption is key to the growth of the breakfast occasion, with 26% of consumers regularly skipping breakfast completely, due to lack of time," he observed.
The Superfast Pots are available in four variants - Granola, Oatbran Flakes, Fruit & Fibre and Muesli - and launch in Waitrose today (3 March).
Jones said the launch was in-line with Mornflake's growth strategy, which focuses on expanding through innovation.
"Innovation is the engine of our business at Mornflake and as an independently-run, marketing-led business, we have the ability to react quickly to emerging consumer trends and translate them into compelling, insight-driven NPD. This is one of the reasons why the brand is growing at 41% in the latest year," he said.
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)