FRANCE: Morpol invests in French salmon plant
Polish smoked salmon specialist Morpol has unveiled a project to set up a processing plant in Burgundy, France.
The company is planning to invest a total of EUR12m (US$16m) in the project. Supplies of fish will arrive at the 10,000 sq m plant processing already fileted, smoked and salted from Morpol's base in Poland.
The plant will have an annual production capacity of up to 11,000 tonnes of salmon and trout products. Completion of the first phase development is scheduled for end-2009/early 2010.
The plant will supply France, the UK, Switzerland, Italy and western Germany with retailers' own-brand products.
Upmarket retailer Waitrose has emerged from the economic downturn as - currently - the fastest-growing retailer in the UK. Katy Humphries examines the key to its success....
UK own-label products marketed as "free from" gluten, wheat or dairy contain more salt than conventional lines, according to data published today (24 September)....
French gourmet grocer Fauchon Paris is branching out into production under licence with the launch of pâtisserie, ice cream and frozen foods on the French market....
Wal-Mart has revamped its brand logo in Brazil with the addition of a new tagline....
Almost three-quarters of UK shoppers now opt for own-label products in an attempt to save money on the weekly shop, according to price comparison site, uSwitch.com....
Wal-Mart Brazil has launched a line of own-brand 'healthy' products....
French food retailer Monoprix has extended its partnership with Tunisian counterpart, Mabrouk, as part of its international development strategy....
Asda today (16 July) claimed a "victory for common sense" when a UK court dismissed Japanese ingredients firm Ajinomoto's lawsuit over Asda's description of the artificial sweetener aspartame as a "na...
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China