UK: Morrisons appoints Ahold's Meijer as trading director
Meijer will join Morrisons by the end of the first quarter of 2013
Meijer will join Morrisons by the end of the first quarter of 2013 from Ahold where he held the role of executive VP of merchandising for its Albert Heijn chain. He was responsible for the retailer's commercial ranging including large stores, supermarkets, convenience stores, pick-up-points and home delivery.
Meijer will join the retailer's management board with responsibility for "all trading functions", Morrisons said.
Corporate services director Martyn Jones will continue as interim group commercial director until an induction and transition process has been completed.
The appointment is the second for Morrisons this week after the retailer announced the promotion of Trevor Strain to replace Richard Pennycook as finance director.
Strain, who has worked in senior financial roles at Morrisons for three years, will succeed Pennycook, who announced in June he would leave the UK's fourth-largest grocer after seven years with the business.
Campbell Soup Co. became the third major multinational to invest in the buoyant organic baby food sector in a month with a deal to buy US firm Plum Organics. Danone is another of the three food giants...
Private-equity firm Cerberus Capital Management, which earlier this year bought five food retail chains from Supervalu Inc, is said to be looking at more targets - including regional grocer Harris Tee...
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- just the answer: Gardein founder Yves Potvin
- Analysis: Quality, innovation driving Chinese milk
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Kellogg CEO: sales trends are improving
- Finsbury buys Johnstone's Just Desserts
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- General Mills cuts Yoplait sugar by 25%
- Dean Foods brings milk brands under single label
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Consumer and Market Insights: Confectionery Market in the UK
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019