UK: Morrisons appoints Ahold's Meijer as trading director
Meijer will join Morrisons by the end of the first quarter of 2013
Meijer will join Morrisons by the end of the first quarter of 2013 from Ahold where he held the role of executive VP of merchandising for its Albert Heijn chain. He was responsible for the retailer's commercial ranging including large stores, supermarkets, convenience stores, pick-up-points and home delivery.
Meijer will join the retailer's management board with responsibility for "all trading functions", Morrisons said.
Corporate services director Martyn Jones will continue as interim group commercial director until an induction and transition process has been completed.
The appointment is the second for Morrisons this week after the retailer announced the promotion of Trevor Strain to replace Richard Pennycook as finance director.
Strain, who has worked in senior financial roles at Morrisons for three years, will succeed Pennycook, who announced in June he would leave the UK's fourth-largest grocer after seven years with the business.
Campbell Soup Co. became the third major multinational to invest in the buoyant organic baby food sector in a month with a deal to buy US firm Plum Organics. Danone is another of the three food giants...
Private-equity firm Cerberus Capital Management, which earlier this year bought five food retail chains from Supervalu Inc, is said to be looking at more targets - including regional grocer Harris Tee...
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- What could be benefit of US approval of GM salmon?
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- "Serious" suitors lined up for Chicken of The Sea
- Unilever sets 2030 carbon positive goal
- Fonterra, Bellamy's strike baby nutritionals partn