UK: Morrisons appoints Ahold's Meijer as trading director
Meijer will join Morrisons by the end of the first quarter of 2013
Meijer will join Morrisons by the end of the first quarter of 2013 from Ahold where he held the role of executive VP of merchandising for its Albert Heijn chain. He was responsible for the retailer's commercial ranging including large stores, supermarkets, convenience stores, pick-up-points and home delivery.
Meijer will join the retailer's management board with responsibility for "all trading functions", Morrisons said.
Corporate services director Martyn Jones will continue as interim group commercial director until an induction and transition process has been completed.
The appointment is the second for Morrisons this week after the retailer announced the promotion of Trevor Strain to replace Richard Pennycook as finance director.
Strain, who has worked in senior financial roles at Morrisons for three years, will succeed Pennycook, who announced in June he would leave the UK's fourth-largest grocer after seven years with the business.
Campbell Soup Co. became the third major multinational to invest in the buoyant organic baby food sector in a month with a deal to buy US firm Plum Organics. Danone is another of the three food giants...
Private-equity firm Cerberus Capital Management, which earlier this year bought five food retail chains from Supervalu Inc, is said to be looking at more targets - including regional grocer Harris Tee...
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods