UK: Morrisons appoints Arla's Micklethwaite in private-label role
Danny Micklethwaite, previously Arla Foods UK's marketing vice president, has joined the UK's fourth-largest food retailer.
A spokesperson for Morrisons today (21 June) said that Micklethwaite will take on the newly-created role as head of development. He will report to private-label director Belinda Youngs, who joined Morrisons from Canadian retailer Sobeys in January this year.
The spokesperson said his major project will be working on the private-label review that is currently underway.
Morrisons CEO Dalton Philips has highlighted the importance of the retailer's private label, saying in September last year that he wants the company's brand to provide "true differentiation".
Tesco claims early results from the Big Price Drop - its campaign to lure cash-strapped shoppers and revive its UK sales - are positive. However, the view from The City was mixed after the retailer re...
Canadian grocer Sobeys is set to acquire 250 gas outlets from Shell Canada, after posting an increase in half-year profits....
Morrisons has confirmed that it will launch its revamped entry-level own-label range next month....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery