UK: Morrisons appoints independent directors
UK supermarket group Morrisons has announced that it has appointed two independent non-executive directors.
David Jones CBE, chairman of Next, and Duncan Davidson, chairman of Persimmon, have been appointed as independent non-executive directors of Wm Morrison, effective 21 May 2004, following the company's annual general meeting.
These are the first non-executive directors to be appointed by Morrisons. Chairman Ken Morrison has previously said he regarded non-executive directors as a waste of money, but is now moving toward accepted best practice following his company's takeover of Safeway, reported Reuters.
The Competition Commission has published a list of uses as part of its inquiry into the recent acquisition of 115 stores and other assets from WM Morrison Supermarkets by supermarket chain Somerfield....
Supermarket Tesco further increased its lead in the UK grocery market in the twelve weeks to 24 April 2005, according to market analysts TNS. Sainsbury managed a small rise, while Wal-Mart's Asda and ...
Dairy company Robert Wiseman Dairies PLC announced today (Thursday) that its supply contract with Wm Morrison Supermarkets is not to be renewed....
Dairy Company Dairy Crest announced today (Thursday) that it is getting a bigger share of WM Morrison's dairy business. It has also acquired dairy company Starcross Foods....
Supermarket chain Safeway has reported net income of $131.3mfor the first quarter ended 26 March 2005 compared to $43.1m for the first quarter of 2004....
Supermarket Safeway is today (Wednesday) opening a new $175m distribution centre in Auburn, Washington, the culmination of a 2 1/2 year project which it says solidifies its position in the north west....
Tesco, the UK's biggest supermarket chain, has today (Tuesday) reported a 20.5% rise in pre-tax profits to £2.029bn (US$3.84bn) for the 52 weeks ended 26 February 2005....
UK Supermarkets import a much higher proportion of organic pork than is the case with conventional supplies, according to organic food lobby group the Soil Association....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016