UK: Morrisons contract loss leads to S.H. Pratt job cuts
Morrisons made up 25% of SH Pratts banana business
UK fruit importer and banana ripener S.H. Pratt is to make 86 staff redundant in the wake of the loss of a contract with Morrisons.
The Luton-based firm has highlighted the end of a banana contract - after Morrisons purchased a site in Lincolnshire to handle the business in-house - has one of the reasons for the decision.
Speaking to just-food, operations director David Bateman highlighted the Morrisons contract made up 25% of its business.
"We're not against what Morrisons did - it makes sense for them to bring that part of their business in-house," he said. "Looking ahead, S.H. Pratt will look to build on its current business and continue to be one of Luton's leading employers for many years to come."
Sectors: Fresh produce
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Greencore convenience focus delivers growth