UK: Morrisons extends world foods range
Morrisons has this week launched a range of world foods to meet increased demand from different ethnic groups in the UK.
The UK's fourth-largest retailer said it has contracted over 60 new suppliers to help fill a range that includes products from Eastern Europe, Asia and Africa.
The retailer said the range, which has 2,000 products, is also targeted at "more adventurous cooks" that "enjoy authentic flavours from the world".
The push means an expansion of Morrisons' range of ambient world food products. However, it is also selling ethnic products in the chilled, frozen and bakery categories.
It said the UK market for world foods was estimated at GBP1bn but it acknowledged there were no "formal statistics" on the category.
Morrisons, the UK's fourth-largest grocer, is to test new management structures in seven stores it plans to open later this year....
UK cooked and frozen meat products manufacturer Snowbird Foods is to be sold in a management buy-out....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020