UK: Morrisons extends world foods range
Morrisons has this week launched a range of world foods to meet increased demand from different ethnic groups in the UK.
The UK's fourth-largest retailer said it has contracted over 60 new suppliers to help fill a range that includes products from Eastern Europe, Asia and Africa.
The retailer said the range, which has 2,000 products, is also targeted at "more adventurous cooks" that "enjoy authentic flavours from the world".
The push means an expansion of Morrisons' range of ambient world food products. However, it is also selling ethnic products in the chilled, frozen and bakery categories.
It said the UK market for world foods was estimated at GBP1bn but it acknowledged there were no "formal statistics" on the category.
Morrisons, the UK's fourth-largest grocer, is to test new management structures in seven stores it plans to open later this year....
UK cooked and frozen meat products manufacturer Snowbird Foods is to be sold in a management buy-out....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016