UK: Morrisons extends world foods range
Morrisons has this week launched a range of world foods to meet increased demand from different ethnic groups in the UK.
The UK's fourth-largest retailer said it has contracted over 60 new suppliers to help fill a range that includes products from Eastern Europe, Asia and Africa.
The retailer said the range, which has 2,000 products, is also targeted at "more adventurous cooks" that "enjoy authentic flavours from the world".
The push means an expansion of Morrisons' range of ambient world food products. However, it is also selling ethnic products in the chilled, frozen and bakery categories.
It said the UK market for world foods was estimated at GBP1bn but it acknowledged there were no "formal statistics" on the category.
Morrisons, the UK's fourth-largest grocer, is to test new management structures in seven stores it plans to open later this year....
UK cooked and frozen meat products manufacturer Snowbird Foods is to be sold in a management buy-out....
- 10 Things to Learn - JBS's acquisition of Moy Park
- M&A Watch - ConAgra should divest Commercial Foods
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- Focus: Battle against antimicrobial resistance
- General Mills to axe 675-725 jobs
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- 7-Eleven launches premium private label lines