UK: Morrisons extends world foods range
Morrisons has this week launched a range of world foods to meet increased demand from different ethnic groups in the UK.
The UK's fourth-largest retailer said it has contracted over 60 new suppliers to help fill a range that includes products from Eastern Europe, Asia and Africa.
The retailer said the range, which has 2,000 products, is also targeted at "more adventurous cooks" that "enjoy authentic flavours from the world".
The push means an expansion of Morrisons' range of ambient world food products. However, it is also selling ethnic products in the chilled, frozen and bakery categories.
It said the UK market for world foods was estimated at GBP1bn but it acknowledged there were no "formal statistics" on the category.
Morrisons, the UK's fourth-largest grocer, is to test new management structures in seven stores it plans to open later this year....
UK cooked and frozen meat products manufacturer Snowbird Foods is to be sold in a management buy-out....
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- What the analysts say: Nestle's Q1
- Arla to launch protein dairy drink in UK
- Pork Farms' Kerry pastry deal nears green light
- McCormick to move roles to Poland
- Hershey cuts sales forecast on forex and China
- Bongrain investors approve name change