UK: Morrisons launches own-label chocolate
Morrisons has launched a range of 'Morrisons Best' own-label chocolates, which it is billing as an "affordable indulgence".
The UK supermarket group said that the move came in response to growing demand for chocolate, with sales this year up 10%.
"The combination of winter's short days, colder weather and less money to spend on going out means people are looking for mini pleasures to have at home which don't break the bank," John Cannan, product development manager at Morrisons said.
Morrisons Best Chocolate is produced in Italy. Varieties include: Best Dark Chocolate; Best Milk Chocolate; Best White Chocolate; Best Milk Chocolate with Hazlenuts; and Best Dark chocolate with Orange.
UK pies and pasties maker Peter's Food Service has linked up with Pilgrim's Choice Cheese and Discovery Seasonings to extend its Premier range....
UK meat giant The Boparan Group, which has outlined plans to buy Five Star Fish, is likely to invest further in the troubled business, with more of a focus on the retail channel....
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- FMCG sales slowing despite economic green shoots
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- UK group Symington's eyes Australia growth