UK: Morrisons launches own-label chocolate
Morrisons has launched a range of 'Morrisons Best' own-label chocolates, which it is billing as an "affordable indulgence".
The UK supermarket group said that the move came in response to growing demand for chocolate, with sales this year up 10%.
"The combination of winter's short days, colder weather and less money to spend on going out means people are looking for mini pleasures to have at home which don't break the bank," John Cannan, product development manager at Morrisons said.
Morrisons Best Chocolate is produced in Italy. Varieties include: Best Dark Chocolate; Best Milk Chocolate; Best White Chocolate; Best Milk Chocolate with Hazlenuts; and Best Dark chocolate with Orange.
UK pies and pasties maker Peter's Food Service has linked up with Pilgrim's Choice Cheese and Discovery Seasonings to extend its Premier range....
UK meat giant The Boparan Group, which has outlined plans to buy Five Star Fish, is likely to invest further in the troubled business, with more of a focus on the retail channel....
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Hershey buys company behind BarkThins brand
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Pinnacle Foods names Mondelez's Mark Clouse CEO