UK: Morrisons launches own-label chocolate
Morrisons has launched a range of 'Morrisons Best' own-label chocolates, which it is billing as an "affordable indulgence".
The UK supermarket group said that the move came in response to growing demand for chocolate, with sales this year up 10%.
"The combination of winter's short days, colder weather and less money to spend on going out means people are looking for mini pleasures to have at home which don't break the bank," John Cannan, product development manager at Morrisons said.
Morrisons Best Chocolate is produced in Italy. Varieties include: Best Dark Chocolate; Best Milk Chocolate; Best White Chocolate; Best Milk Chocolate with Hazlenuts; and Best Dark chocolate with Orange.
UK pies and pasties maker Peter's Food Service has linked up with Pilgrim's Choice Cheese and Discovery Seasonings to extend its Premier range....
UK meat giant The Boparan Group, which has outlined plans to buy Five Star Fish, is likely to invest further in the troubled business, with more of a focus on the retail channel....
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth
- Nestle in "exclusive" Davigel talks with Brakes