UK: Morrisons launches own-label chocolate
Morrisons has launched a range of 'Morrisons Best' own-label chocolates, which it is billing as an "affordable indulgence".
The UK supermarket group said that the move came in response to growing demand for chocolate, with sales this year up 10%.
"The combination of winter's short days, colder weather and less money to spend on going out means people are looking for mini pleasures to have at home which don't break the bank," John Cannan, product development manager at Morrisons said.
Morrisons Best Chocolate is produced in Italy. Varieties include: Best Dark Chocolate; Best Milk Chocolate; Best White Chocolate; Best Milk Chocolate with Hazlenuts; and Best Dark chocolate with Orange.
UK pies and pasties maker Peter's Food Service has linked up with Pilgrim's Choice Cheese and Discovery Seasonings to extend its Premier range....
UK meat giant The Boparan Group, which has outlined plans to buy Five Star Fish, is likely to invest further in the troubled business, with more of a focus on the retail channel....
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- What could be benefit of US approval of GM salmon?
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- "Serious" suitors lined up for Chicken of The Sea
- Unilever sets 2030 carbon positive goal
- PepsiCo to expand Frito-Lay plant in US