UK: Morrisons launches own-label chocolate
Morrisons has launched a range of 'Morrisons Best' own-label chocolates, which it is billing as an "affordable indulgence".
The UK supermarket group said that the move came in response to growing demand for chocolate, with sales this year up 10%.
"The combination of winter's short days, colder weather and less money to spend on going out means people are looking for mini pleasures to have at home which don't break the bank," John Cannan, product development manager at Morrisons said.
Morrisons Best Chocolate is produced in Italy. Varieties include: Best Dark Chocolate; Best Milk Chocolate; Best White Chocolate; Best Milk Chocolate with Hazlenuts; and Best Dark chocolate with Orange.
UK pies and pasties maker Peter's Food Service has linked up with Pilgrim's Choice Cheese and Discovery Seasonings to extend its Premier range....
UK meat giant The Boparan Group, which has outlined plans to buy Five Star Fish, is likely to invest further in the troubled business, with more of a focus on the retail channel....
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's