UK: Morrisons posts near 14% increase in full-year pre-tax profit
William Morrison, the UK supermarket chain that sparked the takeover battle for rival chain Safeway, has reported pre-tax profit of £276.6m (US$437.1m) for the year to 2 February, a near 14% increase from the previous year. The Yorkshire-based retailer also said that like-for-like sales for the five weeks to 9 March grew 7.6% including petrol sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat