UK: Morrisons scoops up HMV stores
Morrisons has acquired six HMV stores from the music retailer's administrator, Deloitte, as the grocer seeks to expand its presence in convenience.
No financial details were disclosed for the deal, which comes in the same month that Morrisons acquired 49 former Blockbuster stores across the UK. It has also acquired seven former Jessops shops.
Morrisons is offering employees a GBP500 'finder’s fee' if they find convenience properties for Morrisons that are subsequently opened.
"We have either opened or acquired 70 stores just one month into our financial year so we are pleased that we will exceed our 2013 target," said Morrisons' MD of convenience, Gordon Mowat.
"Our focus is now on opening these stores as soon as we can as well as pushing on to secure even more sites."
"China Food Company Plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compan...
"Hilton Food Group plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company...
Sainsbury's initial campaigns promoted brands, own label products, and buying basic ingredients. As the credit crunch continued, Sainsbury's launched Live Well for Less. Tesco emphasized price in 2008...
Tesco China will take a cautious approach to development in China, given the currently challenging market environment. With a focus on building scale in North, South and East China, Tesco China will h...
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning