UK: Morrisons silent over Dymond exit
Morrisons has refused to comment on speculation its online boss George Dymond has left after the job is not what he 'expected'
Morrisons has declined to comment over the rumoured resignation of online grocery executive George Dymond just weeks after he joined.
Dymond, who was hired last autumn, was recruited to help launch Morrisons' new online grocery offering, which was started earlier this month in partnership with Ocado.
The Financial Times cited anoymous sources who claimed the role "had not turned out to be what Mr Dymond was expecting".
A spokesperson told just-food Morrisons "doesn't comment on these sorts of employee issues".
Morrisons has struggled to deliver top line growth and the company posted a near 6% drop in like-for-like sales over Christmas.
The UK's fourth-largest grocer is hoping its expansion into the country's fast-growing online channel, plus the opening of more convenience stores, will boost trading.
Last week, the supermarket was thrust further into the public eye with the news it had suspended its treasurer Paul Coyle over allegations of insider trading in the weeks before its venture with Ocado was announced in May.
The UK online grocery sector is highly innovative and disruptive - and it provides a template to the rest of the world....
Having shed significant share over the last two years of the review period, Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc is looking to become more competitive once again. It is facing stiff competition from discounte...
2013 was a highly significant year for Morrisons. The company finally decided to develop an online grocery retailing service in partnership with Ocado. In addition, the company has capitalised on the ...
Organic food and beverages are made of ingredients derived by adopting environment-friendly and animal-friendly practices that restrict the use of synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers. The Or...
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Food marketing firmly on UK political agenda
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Mead Johnson offsets China slowdown
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report