UK: Morrisons silent over Dymond exit
Morrisons has refused to comment on speculation its online boss George Dymond has left after the job is not what he 'expected'
Morrisons has declined to comment over the rumoured resignation of online grocery executive George Dymond just weeks after he joined.
Dymond, who was hired last autumn, was recruited to help launch Morrisons' new online grocery offering, which was started earlier this month in partnership with Ocado.
The Financial Times cited anoymous sources who claimed the role "had not turned out to be what Mr Dymond was expecting".
A spokesperson told just-food Morrisons "doesn't comment on these sorts of employee issues".
Morrisons has struggled to deliver top line growth and the company posted a near 6% drop in like-for-like sales over Christmas.
The UK's fourth-largest grocer is hoping its expansion into the country's fast-growing online channel, plus the opening of more convenience stores, will boost trading.
Last week, the supermarket was thrust further into the public eye with the news it had suspended its treasurer Paul Coyle over allegations of insider trading in the weeks before its venture with Ocado was announced in May.
The UK online grocery sector is highly innovative and disruptive - and it provides a template to the rest of the world....
Having shed significant share over the last two years of the review period, Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc is looking to become more competitive once again. It is facing stiff competition from discounte...
2013 was a highly significant year for Morrisons. The company finally decided to develop an online grocery retailing service in partnership with Ocado. In addition, the company has capitalised on the ...
Organic food and beverages are made of ingredients derived by adopting environment-friendly and animal-friendly practices that restrict the use of synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers. The Or...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details