UK: Morrisons "suspends treasurer over insider trading charges"
Morrisons treasurer "accused of insider trading"
According to The Financial Times, an investigation by the Financial Conduct Authority resulted in the arrest of Coyle. Citing unnamed sources familiar with the matter, the FT said Coyle is thought to have misused privileged information concerning the deal between Morrisons and Ocado.
In May last year, Morrisons announced plans to develop an online offering through a 25-year agreement to license Ocado's technological platform.
Morrisons shares rose by around 1% on 17 May 2013, the day the venture was announced. Ocado shares increased 1.5%, having reached a high which was up almost 10% during the day.
Morrisons declined to comment on whether Coyle has been suspended. The FCA said it was unable to comment on ongoing investigations due to their "sensitive nature".
Having shed significant share over the last two years of the review period, Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc is looking to become more competitive once again. It is facing stiff competition from discounte...
Innovation and evolving consumer palates are driving what little growth there is. More unusual packaged bread types are preventing the category from becoming stale. More sophisticated bread types are ...
Health and convenience continue to provide the biscuit category with vitality. These two features have combined to play a large role in the success of products such as plain breakfast biscuits. This p...
Once a static market, breakfast cereal innovation continues apace. The core focus continues to be on developing portable products, perceived to be healthy, which can be consumed on the go. These produ...
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Decision on US dietary advice missed opportunity
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Retail margin management in spotlight
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Arla banned from selling skyr yoghurt in Finland
- Raisio revamps UK cereal arm, jobs to go
- PepsiCo to close Australia crisps plant
- US dietary guidelines to ignore environment impact
- Earth's Best infant formula line launched in China
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom