UK: Morrisons "suspends treasurer over insider trading charges"
Morrisons treasurer "accused of insider trading"
According to The Financial Times, an investigation by the Financial Conduct Authority resulted in the arrest of Coyle. Citing unnamed sources familiar with the matter, the FT said Coyle is thought to have misused privileged information concerning the deal between Morrisons and Ocado.
In May last year, Morrisons announced plans to develop an online offering through a 25-year agreement to license Ocado's technological platform.
Morrisons shares rose by around 1% on 17 May 2013, the day the venture was announced. Ocado shares increased 1.5%, having reached a high which was up almost 10% during the day.
Morrisons declined to comment on whether Coyle has been suspended. The FCA said it was unable to comment on ongoing investigations due to their "sensitive nature".
The UK online grocery sector is highly innovative and disruptive - and it provides a template to the rest of the world....
2013 was a highly significant year for Morrisons. The company finally decided to develop an online grocery retailing service in partnership with Ocado. In addition, the company has capitalised on the ...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global savory & deli foods market during March 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insig...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global meat market during May 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the lates...
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Shopper trends: Promos can mean higher prices
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Abraaj outbids Kellogg with fresh Bisco Misr offer