UK: Morrisons "suspends treasurer over insider trading charges"
Morrisons treasurer "accused of insider trading"
According to The Financial Times, an investigation by the Financial Conduct Authority resulted in the arrest of Coyle. Citing unnamed sources familiar with the matter, the FT said Coyle is thought to have misused privileged information concerning the deal between Morrisons and Ocado.
In May last year, Morrisons announced plans to develop an online offering through a 25-year agreement to license Ocado's technological platform.
Morrisons shares rose by around 1% on 17 May 2013, the day the venture was announced. Ocado shares increased 1.5%, having reached a high which was up almost 10% during the day.
Morrisons declined to comment on whether Coyle has been suspended. The FCA said it was unable to comment on ongoing investigations due to their "sensitive nature".
The UK online grocery sector is highly innovative and disruptive - and it provides a template to the rest of the world....
Having shed significant share over the last two years of the review period, Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc is looking to become more competitive once again. It is facing stiff competition from discounte...
Innovation and evolving consumer palates are driving what little growth there is. More unusual packaged bread types are preventing the category from becoming stale. More sophisticated bread types are ...
Health and convenience continue to provide the biscuit category with vitality. These two features have combined to play a large role in the success of products such as plain breakfast biscuits. This p...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report