UK: Morrisons welcomes American Express
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, the UK's sixth largest supermarket chain has signed to take the American Express Card in all of its 103 stores and petrol stations.Giles Hurst, American Express' Head of Merchant Acquisition said, "This signing is another step on the road to ensuring our Cardmembers can use the Card whenever and wherever they want to. American Express Cardmembers make great customers - recent research on our Cardmember's spending patterns revealed that American Express Cardmembers spend an average of 41% more in supermarkets than holders of other cards."John Dowd, Director of Morrisons said, " The retail environment is constantly changing and we are wholly focused on continuing to meet our customers' demands for excellent choice, value and service. In accepting American Express we are adding to the many services we offer to our shoppers for their general convenience." American Express will be notifying all Cardmembers that they can now use their American Express Cards in all Morrisons stores, via the September edition of "Welcome", the Company's Cardmember mailing. All point of sale terminals in Morrisons stores and petrol stations will highlight that American Express cards are now accepted.Issued on behalf of American Express Services Europe Ltd.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti