UK: Movement restriction the only possible solution - NFU
The industry has no choice left but to "batten down the hatches" and temporarily stop movements of animals on or off any farm in England and Wales, the NFU said today. Reacting to the news that there will be a total ban on livestock movements in Britain for seven days, NFU President Ben Gill said: "This will be hard - but not as hard as if foot and mouth spreads throughout the entire British livestock population."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action