UK: Movement restriction the only possible solution - NFU
The industry has no choice left but to "batten down the hatches" and temporarily stop movements of animals on or off any farm in England and Wales, the NFU said today. Reacting to the news that there will be a total ban on livestock movements in Britain for seven days, NFU President Ben Gill said: "This will be hard - but not as hard as if foot and mouth spreads throughout the entire British livestock population."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses