USA: Mrs. Smith's Bakeries issues allergy alert on undeclared whey in snack carrot cake
Mrs. Smith's Bakeries has revealed that it is voluntarily recalling its 3.5-ounce packages of Mrs. Freshley's, BlueBird, Aunt Hannah, and Blue Ribbon carrot cake because they may contain undeclared whey, a dairy product. People who have allergies to dairy products run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid