USA: Mrs. Smith's Bakeries issues allergy alert on undeclared whey in snack carrot cake
Mrs. Smith's Bakeries has revealed that it is voluntarily recalling its 3.5-ounce packages of Mrs. Freshley's, BlueBird, Aunt Hannah, and Blue Ribbon carrot cake because they may contain undeclared whey, a dairy product. People who have allergies to dairy products run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week