UK: M&S appoints Heere as international director
Marks and Spencer has appointed Jan Heere as director of international
Marks and Spencer today (24 February) announced the appointment of Jan Heere as director of its international business as part of the retailer's plans to develop its operations outside the UK.
Heere joins the company from Spain-based retailer Inditex, where he was general manager of its Russian operations. He has held a series of international roles at Inditex, most recently growing the company's Russian operations from some 20 stores to over 170 outlets during the last five years.
M&S CEO Marc Bolland said: "We're delighted to announce that Jan Heere is joining Marks & Spencer as director of international. Jan's impressive international experience fits well with the international growth plans we outlined in November."
In November, Bolland outlined plans to grow M&S's international business, with plans to become an international multi-channel retailer by 2015, targeting GBP800m (US$1.3bn) to GBP1bn in international sales by 2013/14.
Heere will report to Bolland as a member of the company's management committee.
Marks and Spencer has appointed Tesco executive Jonathan Sutton as technical manager for fresh produce, flowers and plants....
India has come a step closer to opening up multi-brand retail to overseas operators after a key government committee approved an easing of rules on foreign investment....
A number of retailers in Scotland have pledged to help consumers more easily hit the recommended target of eating at least five portions of fruit and vegetables a day....
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1