UK: M&S promotes Adcock to food trading director
Marks and Spencer has restructured its senior food team, promoting Andy Adcock to the newly created role of trading director for food.
The retailer confirmed today (13 May) that Jim Waller, who was previously commercial director alongside Adcock has decided to leave M&S.
"we can confirm that andy adcock has been appointed trading director, food, reporting into John Dixon. As a result of this appointment, Jim Waller, Commercial Director, Eat out of Home and Groceries, has decided to leave M&S to pursue other opportunities outside the business," an M&S spokesperson said.
The spokesperson for the retailer said Waller had been with the retailer for 10 years and he leaves with "our thanks for his significant contribution to our food business and has our best wishes for the future."
The retailer has made a number of changes to its food division as part of chief executive Marc Bolland's plans to rejuvinate the division.
Another week dominated by results, notably Marks and Spencers, Associated British Foods and Barry Callebaut. A story that broke late this week and could have severe repercussions is the approval of sw...
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action