UK/USA: M&S says Kings sale not forthcoming
UK high street retailer Marks & Spencer has admitted that the sale of its US supermarket chain Kings , as part of its restructuring and refocusing on its core UK business, is taking longer than it had hoped. The retailer's CEO Luc Vandevelde hinted around two weeks ago that market watchers could expect a deal to be signed this week. But none has yet materialised and a spokesman for the chain conceded that a sale could take several more weeks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti