UK/USA: M&S says Kings sale not forthcoming
UK high street retailer Marks & Spencer has admitted that the sale of its US supermarket chain Kings , as part of its restructuring and refocusing on its core UK business, is taking longer than it had hoped. The retailer's CEO Luc Vandevelde hinted around two weeks ago that market watchers could expect a deal to be signed this week. But none has yet materialised and a spokesman for the chain conceded that a sale could take several more weeks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant