M&S - the analysts' verdict
The gloomy trading update from Marks & Spencer yesterday (2 July) sent its share price plunging and shudders through the UK retail sector. With food sales falling by more than 4%, the head of its food business leaving the company and concerns over how an upmarket food retailer can appeal to ever-more price-conscious consumers, analysts have had their say on the outlook for the business. Here's a selection of the key quotes from industry watchers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK