UK: M&S will roll-out "Simply Food" format following successful trial
UK high street retailer Marks & Spencer has revealed plans to roll-out another 20 Simply Food convenience stores throughout the country, following a successful trial of the two outlets opened in July. Speaking earlier today [Tuesday] by conference call, CEO Luc Vandevelde said that M&S was still looking for appropriate locations to open the Simply Food stores. Once the 20 are open, the group aims to review its convenience operations and "decide how many more stores" will follow.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action