UK: M&S will roll-out "Simply Food" format following successful trial
UK high street retailer Marks & Spencer has revealed plans to roll-out another 20 Simply Food convenience stores throughout the country, following a successful trial of the two outlets opened in July. Speaking earlier today [Tuesday] by conference call, CEO Luc Vandevelde said that M&S was still looking for appropriate locations to open the Simply Food stores. Once the 20 are open, the group aims to review its convenience operations and "decide how many more stores" will follow.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife