UK: M&S will roll-out "Simply Food" format following successful trial
UK high street retailer Marks & Spencer has revealed plans to roll-out another 20 Simply Food convenience stores throughout the country, following a successful trial of the two outlets opened in July. Speaking earlier today [Tuesday] by conference call, CEO Luc Vandevelde said that M&S was still looking for appropriate locations to open the Simply Food stores. Once the 20 are open, the group aims to review its convenience operations and "decide how many more stores" will follow.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods