INDONESIA: MUI suggests Ajinomoto create a new logo for products sold in Indonesia
Refusing to make a u-turn on the decision that Ajinomoto's MSG taste enhancer is forbidden under fiqh (Islamic religious law), an official from the Indonesian Ulemas Council (MUI) has suggested that the Japanese company create a new logo under which to market new produce certified as halal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund