Murray Goulburn extends deal to supply Kalbe with dairy powders
Murray Goulburn has agreed a deal to supply dairy powders to Indonesian firm Kalbe
Murray Goulburn has announced a new "long-term" deal to supply Indonesian nutritional product maker Kalbe with dairy powders for use in products including infant lines.
The Australian co-operative said the agreement builds on its existing contract to supply Kalbe, which uses the powders in nutritional products including infant and children nutrition lines.
Gary Helou, managing director at Murray Goulburn, indicated the company could work with Kalbe in other ways.
"It ... paves the way for further collaboration between our two companies, particularly as Murray Goulburn looks to grow its high quality dairy foods products in Asian markets, including Indonesia," Helou said.
"Indonesia is an important Asian growth market for dairy foods. It has one of Asia's largest paediatric populations, with approximately one in ten people under the age of 51 and this represents a future growth opportunity for Murray Goulburn and our high-quality dairy foods products, including infant formula."
The new agreement with Kalbe is the second announced today by Murray Goulburn. The company also revealed it is has signed a "framework agreement" to supply US infant formula manufacturer Mead Johnson with nutritional powders.
Murray Goulburn Co-Operative’s strategy is to focus on value-added dairy products in order to avoid the heavy price competition characteristic of the Australian fresh milk industry....
The growth of packaged food slowed in 2015, as a number of consumers chose alternative options....
This quarterly issue provides a review of news and analysis for the infant nutrition industry, covering the July–September 2016 period. Market News includes: the Brazilian health ministry has launched...
The organic baby/toddler food sector in the USA is growing by 10-12% per annum. As a result, many new products are being launched into this sector. Organic products now account for approaching 50% of ...
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report