AUS: Murray Goulburn invests in Devondale plant
Australian dairy Murray Goulburn is investing A$60m (US$54.8m) in opening a milk processing facility for its Devondale dairy business.
The five-hectare site will be located at Erskine Park in Sydney.
The move is part of Devondale's planned expansion in the region and is one of the two sites Murray Goulburn plans to open for the business in New South Wales and Victoria. Work has already started on the group's planned Melbourne-based processing plant, the company revealed.
"There is just over one year to go before we are scheduled to begin production and we are well on track to becoming the nation's most efficient producer of daily pasteurised milk," Devondale GM of operations Keith Mentiplay said.
"Erskine Park was an obvious choice for us. As well as excellent land quality and infrastructure, this location also gives us easy access to the major milk supply regions in NSW, to the north, south and west of Sydney."
Australia's Takeovers Panel is reportedly set to announce whether Canadian dairy giant Saputo must up its offer for local processor Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory....
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis