AUSTRALIA: Murray Goulburn opens milk facility
Murray Goulburn invests in liquid milk
Australian dairy co-operative Devondale Murray Goulburn has opened a new A$80m (US$74.8m) milk production facility.
Investment in the Melbourne dairy follows Murray Goulburn's ten-year deal to supply 400 Coles stores with private-label milk, the company said.
"Our entry into daily pasteurised liquid milk is a natural strategic step for the Co-operative, supported by a ground-breaking partnership with Coles that will deliver a sustainable increase in the farmgate milk price of Australian dairy farmers," Murray Goulburn MD Gary Helou said.
"The security of having a long-term contract with Coles in Victoria and New South Wales formed the strong platform for Devondale to invest in state-of-the-art facilities in the daily pasteurised milk sector," he added.
The site was officially opened by company officials and local government representatives yesterday (3 July).
The investment is part of a broader three-to-five year $500m investment strategy from Murray Goulburn to "rejuvenate its manufacturing and supply chain infrastructure" in the key product areas of nutritional powders, cheese and liquid milk.
The company added a sister site in western Sydney is scheduled to "open soon".
Murray Goulburn Co-operative Co Ltd is preparing itself for a bright future, considering a listing on the ASX to raise A$500 million and making offers – albeit unsuccessfully – for fellow dairy compan...
Dairy in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descripti...
After half a decade of solid value growth which began in 2008, value growth of cheese turned negative in 2013, falling by 1%. 2014 is set to be only marginally better, with 1% value growth and negati...
In 2014, oils and fats grew by 2% in current retail value terms, celebrating a comeback after a slow growth between 2011 and 2013. Australian consumers’ interest in cooking authentic and higher qualit...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020